Careers at Florida SupplementLearn more about our job openings!
Florida Supplement is a leading nutraceutical manufacturing and packaging company. Our professional staff is committed to all aspects of cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices). Florida Supplement ranks among the top nutritional supplement manufacturers in the world by focusing on quality in all aspects of our operation. Our highly experienced and talented people ensure that we deliver custom products tailored to customer needs.
Our facility is in compliance with the USDA National Organic Program, is Certified Organic by Quality Certification Services (QCS), and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) certified by NSF International. We believe there is nothing more important than ensuring our product’s purity, potency, and efficacy.
If you are looking to be part of a dynamic team where you can apply your skills and knowledge Florida Supplement is the company for you. We seek talented individuals who want to make a difference with their passion for innovation, superior quality, and exceptional work. We offer competitive salary and benefits.
The following is a list of current openings:
Maintenance Mechanic – Third Shift
Perform repairs and preventive maintenance on all equipment in the plant and assist in the repairs and preventive maintenance of the physical plant.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Handle general maintenance of all equipment and physical plant.
- Assist in the implementation of new equipment and equipment improvements when so directed.
- Perform thorough work with resolve and follow-through on all repairs through feedback from department heads and supervisors.
- Communicate with other maintenance personnel and line workers to identify maintenance issues, and to apply quick but long lasting solutions.
- Continually be advised of equipment updates and operational issues, communicating same with off shift maintenance personnel.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
TECHNICAL JOB CRITERIA
Minimum 2 years of general maintenance, facilities maintenance, equipment maintenance or related maintenance technician experience required. Previous experience in Pharmaceutical, Nutraceutical or food industry a plus.
Technical Skills Required to Perform this Job
Basic knowledge of general facilities maintenance and equipment maintenance required, included but not limited to: basic knowledge of electrical systems, electronic parts and repairs, digital equipment maintenance, mechanical maintenance and repairs, physical plant maintenance and repairs. Basic knowledge of packaging line set-up and troubleshooting, basic knowledge of Lockout/Tag out and MSDS.
High School or HS Equivalent. Technical School or Equivalent.
Other Certification/Training Required to Gain Function-Related Technical Knowledge
Working knowledge of Safety in the Worplace Rules and Regulations preferred.
Working knowledge of cGMP’s a plus
INDIVIDUAL SPECIFIC JOB TASKS
- Report directly to the Maintenance Supervisor/Manager. Communicate regularly with Maintenance Supervisor/Manager, Production Manager, Production Associates, and Quality Assurance to identify and address items in need of repair.
- Conduct preventive maintenance inspections on physical plant, facility and grounds. Perform daily, weekly and monthly routine preventive maintenance checks and inspections to identify need for repairs and report replacement part needs to supervisor.
- Resolve all minor repair items quickly and report all major repair needs to supervisor immediately.
- Resolve minor electrical, electronic, mechanical and preventive maintenance items immediately and partner with supervisor on all major needs for repairs and maintenance to the physical plant or equipment in the facility.
- Conduct ongoing routine maintenance checks on all equipment in the plant. Schedule daily, weekly and monthly maintenance inspections on all parts and equipment in use in the manufacturing and production departments.
- Utilize Safety in the Workplace Best Practices.
- Follow MSDS instructions and compliance with the Lockout/Tagout program, if and when applicable; adhere to safety policies and procedures at all times. Report any out-of-compliance items to the supervisor immediately.
- Maintain all working areas of the physical plant functioning, accessible and clean at all times.
- Assist in all janitorial duties as needed and requested by team members and supervisor, maintain all entrances, exists, hallways and walkways clean and clear of debris at all times.
- Perform operational tasks and equipment upgrades as needed, requested, directed or instructed by the supervisor/manager.
- Able to assist with equipment upgrades, parts replacement and repairs, equipment installation, improvements and operational tasks, as needed.
- Helps to maintain a positive working environment within the department.
- Helps in training co-worker’s to fill in departmental needs.
- Identifies any deficiencies, constrains and/or problems that could impede the efficient process flow and assist and/or provide ideas and feedback to solve them.
- Resolve all issues with Department Manager. May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Apply for this position today
Florida Supplement provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.