Careers at Florida SupplementLearn more about our job openings!
Florida Supplement is a leading nutraceutical manufacturing and packaging company. Our professional staff is committed to all aspects of cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices). Florida Supplement ranks among the top nutritional supplement manufacturers in the world by focusing on quality in all aspects of our operation. Our highly experienced and talented people ensure that we deliver custom products tailored to customer needs.
Our facility is in compliance with the USDA National Organic Program, is Certified Organic by Quality Certification Services (QCS), and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) certified by NSF International. We believe there is nothing more important than ensuring our product’s purity, potency, and efficacy.
If you are looking to be part of a dynamic team where you can apply your skills and knowledge Florida Supplement is the company for you. We seek talented individuals who want to make a difference with their passion for innovation, superior quality, and exceptional work. We offer competitive salary and benefits.
The following is a list of current openings:
Responsible for the evaluation and development of nutraceutical formulas and formulation functions throughout the entire process of manufacturing and production, by product specification, following cGMP’s and Standard Operation Processors.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Compliance with company policies and safety guidelines.
- Adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP’s), meet all operational requirements as specified by regulatory standards.
- Responsible for the process of evaluating current formulas and assisting with the development of new formulas for current and future products.
- Using quoting system, create quote using formulas.
- Work with Purchasing and Sales to assure that all formulating information is accurately reflecting the customer needs and most current supply chain information (cost, etc.)
- Perform data retrieval, data analysis and reporting via use of Information Management Systems and/or Quality Management Systems, or applicable internal reporting system.
- Assist with the evaluation of new and alternate raw materials to improve current products and develop new products.
- Communicate with manufacturing, production and packaging personnel to identify and correct quality assurance issues throughout the process.
- Continually assess proper equipment set-up and operational issues, communicating same with off shift personnel and supervisor.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with others at all levels of the organization and external contacts.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Requires 2-4 years of practical experience in nutraceutical dietary supplement formulation.
Working knowledge of nutraceutical formulation and R&D processes and techniques, including but not limited to: good working knowledge of formulation, sampling and testing techniques and systems, solid dosage equipment and dosage form development, good knowledge of math, computer literacy, good written and oral communication skills, high degree of organizational skills and attention to detail.
Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Science.
Working knowledge of Safety in the Worplace Rules and Regulations. Working knowledge of cGMP’s and SOP’s.
Individual Specific Job Tasks:
- Report directly to the Sr. Formulator. Communicate regularly with VP Operations, Sales Personnel, Customer Service, Quality, Purchasing, and Supervisor/Manager, provide detailed up-to-date reports on current and new formulation, materials, specifications, OOS items or issues ,in order to improve current products and develop new products.
- Perform all assigned formulation tasks timely and accurately. Evaluate current formulas, help develop new formulas by evaluating new and alternate sources of raw materials, seek cost savings alternatives.
- Provide support to QC, including but not limited to process improvement, consistency and accuracy of processes, cost savings initiatives, troubleshooting, rework processes, development of prototypes, production of trial samples, scientific review and specification of raw materials.
- Maintain all required Standards of Quality throughout the entire process. Follow cGMP’s, SOP’s, MSDS specifications, Sampling amd Formulation Plans, Safety in the Workplace Best Practices, OOS Best Practices, if and when applicable; adhere to safety policies and procedures at all times. Report any out-of-compliance items to the supervisor immediately.
- Demonstrate a successful track record in the improvement of current products and in the development of new solid dosage nutraceutical products.
- Able to work independently or in a team, to meet deadlines, pass inspections and audits and follow up on all projects assigned.
- Perform operational tasks as needed, requested, directed or instructed by the supervisor/manager.
- Helps in training co-worker’s to fill in departmental needs.
- Identifies any deficiencies, constrains and/or problems that could impede the efficient process flow and assist and/or provide ideas and feedback to solve them.
- Resolve all issues with Department Manager.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.