Careers at Florida SupplementLearn more about our job openings!
Florida Supplement is a leading nutraceutical manufacturing and packaging company. Our professional staff is committed to all aspects of cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices). Florida Supplement ranks among the top nutritional supplement manufacturers in the world by focusing on quality in all aspects of our operation. Our highly experienced and talented people ensure that we deliver custom products tailored to customer needs.
Our facility is in compliance with the USDA National Organic Program, is Certified Organic by Quality Certification Services (QCS), and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) certified by NSF International. We believe there is nothing more important than ensuring our product’s purity, potency, and efficacy.
If you are looking to be part of a dynamic team where you can apply your skills and knowledge Florida Supplement is the company for you. We seek talented individuals who want to make a difference with their passion for innovation, superior quality, and exceptional work. We offer competitive salary and benefits.
The following is a list of current openings:
Plan, direct, monitor, evaluate and supervise maintenance mechanics, housekeeping, janitorial, cleaning, repairs and preventive maintenance of the physical plant, facilities, offices, grounds and plan and supervise the preventive maintenance and repairs of all equipment in the plant, as well as assist in the repairs and preventive maintenance of the physical plant and equipment. The Maintenance Manager is responsible to ensure sanitation requirements are met inside the plan and for the surrounding grounds.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Complies with and ensures that all department employees are in full compliance with company policies and safety guidelines.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts
- Responsible for the leadership and management for the Plant Engineering and Maintenance departments, including production equipment selection and maintenance, EH&S, facilities maintenance, utilities operations, buildings and grounds, environmental, energy conservation, waste disposal, and coordination of contractors for maintenance work.
- Monitor, train, supervise and direct all janitorial and maintenance staff to maintain a safe and productive workplace, with equipment functioning properly and efficiently, in a safe environment, with a well maintain facility and grounds, where all entrances, exists, hallways and walkways are maintained and are clean and clear of debris at all times.
- Lead the planning and selection process of production equipment for Solid Dose manufacturing and packaging. This includes; design; installation; validation etc.
- Develop and control annual budgets for capital equipment, utilities, building grounds, and production equipment maintenance and approve expenditures.
- Lead and supervise a team of both non-exempt and exempt level professionals.
- Lead Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) policies and procedures development and ensures compliance through auditing, education and training. Implements safety awareness programs, conducts safety inspections and ensures corrective actions are implemented for identified hazards.
- Plan and direct the efforts of the maintenance, site maintenance, controls and calibration departments.
- Write specifications; negotiate contracts, and direct services of outside vendors.
- Estimate construction cost and direct the renovation/construction as required for office and manufacturing buildings, utilities and services.
- Monitor and assist in maintaining Quality and Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives via Preventative Maintenance and Facilities Request Databases.
- Work with Validation resources to assist validation project for IQ/OQ/PQ.
- Manage Continuous Improvement activities by leveraging Lean, Six Sigma, Validation, Value Stream Mapping, Project Management and Strategic Sourcing methodologies.
- Assure safe maintenance procedures and practices with required documentation.
- Coordinate the activities of contractors and designated representatives.
- Assure site compliance to environmental requirements such as regulations, permits, waste disposal, and proper reporting.
- Assure compliance with company policies and procedures as well as regulatory agency laws, regulations, permits, and codes.
- Comply with quality systems, policies, processes, procedures, and regulatory requirements (cGMP, FDA, OSHA, and DERM etc.)
- Fosters teamwork with Manufacturing, Packaging, Quality, Validation, R&D, Warehouse and other groups to prevent breakdowns, reduce cycle time, increase runtime, minimize waste, conserve energy, continually maintain and improve the quality of operations, and control costs.
- Works closely with Quality resource(s) and facilities / process engineering consulting firm during new site design and construction phase for process equipment specification, procurement, vendor selection & audit, equipment acceptance, and process validation. Supervise the performance of the maintenance mechanics.
- Ensure that manufacturing and packaging personnel are trained in set up and changeovers of all automatic and semi-automatic production equipment.
- Implement and manage predictive and preventive maintenance program for all production equipment, including maintaining parts usage and maintenance records.
- Other duties as requested directed or assigned.
TECHNICAL JOB CRITERIA
Previous Related Experience Required:
Minimum 5 years of general maintenance, facilities maintenance, equipment maintenance or related maintenance supervisory experience required.
Technical Skills Required to Perform this Job:
Advanced knowledge of general facilities maintenance and equipment maintenance required, included but not limited to: intermediate/advanced knowledge of electrical systems, electronic parts and repairs, digital equipment maintenance, mechanical maintenance and repairs, physical plant maintenance and repairs, advanced knowledge of Lockout/Tag out and MSDS.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other engineering disciplines provided experience is adequate (Preferred Masters in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other engineering disciplines).
- Ten plus years of experience in pharmaceutical and/or bulk solid dose manufacturing industry and seven years Facilities management experience, or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- At least five years’ experience in supervising and managing a maintenance department.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- An advanced technical or business degree, as well as Six Sigma certification is preferred. Good general knowledge of electrical, plumbing and mechanics
Other Certification/Training Required to Gain Function-Related Technical Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of Safety in the Workplace Rules and Regulations.
- Working knowledge of cGMP’s.
INDIVIDUAL SPECIFIC JOB TASKS
- Communicate regularly with VP’s, Operations Manager, Warehouse Manager, Production Manager, Production Associates, and Quality Assurance to identify and address items in need of repair and compliance issues.
- Supervise, plan and monitor preventive maintenance inspections on equipment, physical plant, facility and grounds.
- Schedule daily, weekly and monthly routine preventive maintenance checks and inspections to identify need for repairs and report findings and applicable solutions to management.
- Resolve all minor repair items quickly and partner with management on resolution of all major repairs on physical plant and equipment.
- Resolve minor electrical, electronic, mechanical and preventive maintenance items immediately and plan with management the effective resolution of all major for issues related to the maintenance of the physical plant and equipment in the facility.
- Conduct ongoing routine maintenance checks on all equipment in the plant.
- Schedule daily, weekly and monthly maintenance inspections on all parts and equipment in use in the manufacturing and production departments
- Utilize Safety in the Workplace Best Practices
- Ensure and monitor compliance with MSDS instructions, the Lockout/Tagout program, if and when applicable, cGMP’s, SOP’s and Safety policies and procedures at all times. Train, re-train and correct any out-of-compliance items immediately and provide feed-back to management.
- Ensure the Property Manager and Sanitation Company are fulfilling their obligations to meet cGMP.
- Establish and manage the Master Cleaner/Sanitizer Specifications and Master Lubricant List approved for usage in the facility.
- Verify that all cleaning compounds are safer and adequate under the conditions of use
- Monitor and coordinate daily, weekly and monthly maintenance work orders completion to ensure that all working areas of the physical plant are functional, accessible and clean at all times.
- Supervise and direct the performing of all operational tasks and equipment upgrades as needed, requested, directed or instructed by management.
- Able to assist with equipment upgrades, parts replacement and repairs, equipment installation, improvements and operational tasks, as needed.